The 5th Gear guys put up a pretty interesting social experiment. They took three supercars and parked them on a busy street for 10 minutes, then counted how many people stopped and stared:
- McLaren Mercedes SLR Three Hundred Thousand Pounds!!
- Porsche Carrera GT Three Hundred Thousand Pounds!!
- Lamborghini LP640 Two Hundred Thousand Pounds!!
So who won? The counts were:
- McLaren Mercedes SLR – 19
- Porsche Carrera GT – 78
- Lamborghini LP640 – 84 people counted, numerous more just standing around and not moving
So I guess I’m buying the LP640; If I’m spending that much dough, I do want folks to envy me.
5th Gear Supercar experiment